Google+

September 6, 2013

Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Binge!

A few days ago I had wanted to put my hair in braids to get wavy hair for the first day of school, but I was totally out of hair elastics (my cats LOVE to play with them). So, I decided to stop by Shoppers Drug Mart to buy a pack, and I am so very very glad I did. It turns out they had a "$1.00 Beauty Clearance Bin" in which I found the hair elastics I needed, on top of a few other goodies. 

My holy haul from Shoppers Drug Mart.

The back of the mirror has extra magnification! Love it.

Although it wasn't in the $1.00 Blowout Bin, I did find a Secret Collection Delicates Mesh Wash Bag for only $3.00. I love mesh bags because I don't just put my bras and panties in them, I also like to use them to wash a lot of my delicate clothing and some of my hand-wash only items. It helps me get away with doing a lot of my laundry in the machine, saving me a hassle and a half. I already had two other mesh bags, but when your closet comprises of so many delicate items, it's always great to have multiple bags on hand.

I bought two packs of really cute and colourful Stylize hair elastics, which so far haven't seemed to stretch out at all, which is a problem I had with my previous elastics. I prefer getting black or dark brown elastics, because they blend in with my hair, but these were just fine for the overnight braid-to-wave technique I was buying them for. And for $1.00 a pack, I really can't complain about the colours!

I also bought a Stylize brush with comfortable rubber grip and I must say, it really is a great brush. It handles my tangles with ease, and although the grip is very "mushy", I actually prefer it over my other, more solid brush handle grips. It really was such a steal for $1.00.

Finally, my favourite purchase - the Stylize magnification hand mirror. I have one of those stand-up, self-supporting, I-don't-really-know-what-they're-called magnification mirrors on my bathroom counter, but sometimes they just don't cut it. I love the fact that the larger mirror is at normal magnification, and on the back there are two smaller mirrors with 5X and 10X magnification too. It fits nicely in my hand, and offers me the convenience and comfort only a hand mirror can provide. If I need to zoom in, I only move the mirror (or my face) a couple inches, and bam! No more having to pause, rotate the mirror to a higher magnification, and losing that one pesky ingrown in the process!

I purchased a few other things that day, and realized that although I spent almost $30, I had saved over $50 and accumulated quite a few Optimum points in the process!

Fortunately, they do have a "Super Spend Your Points Event!" going on this Saturday and Sunday, so my bonus points couldn't have come at a better time! For those of you who don't know, a super spend event allows you to redeem your Shoppers Optimum points for higher redemption values than they're normally worth. Example: If you've accumulated 25,000 points, you'll save up to $50 during the event - an extra $16 more than normal!

For details on the event, visit: http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Home.aspx

Also, I realize that I have not posted a "Back to School Outfit of the Day Part III" today. I'm actually really sick today (battling off an infection), so I wasn't able to make it to school. Wish me all the best so I can make it back Monday!

Love,

-Shopaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment