Google+

November 4, 2013

My Secret Sequin Binge

I don't know why but as of late I've been obsessed with purchasing and attempting to incorporate vintage items that would seriously classify as "Man Repelling" material into my wardrobe. We're talking oversized 80's blazers covered in a jewel toned baroque & snakeskin print, a rather large pair of clip-on earrings, and most recently, a sequinned cardigan that I plan to use as a substitute until I FINALLY find my perfect varsity jacket. 

Showpiece.
Bulky perfection.
So I went a little crazy with the photo editing.
Sue me.

Sad to say, but my boyfriend hates every bit of it. He really isn't a fan of oversized "menswear inspired" blazers, shoulder pads, or granny-esque attire.

All I can say is: Too bad, cause I'm loving it.

I don't know why, but I'm feeling bold and totally stepping out of my usual wintertime comfort zone outfit-of-choice (be gone with you, jeans and a hoodie). I think it might have something to do with the fact that the fresh faces I've met as of late are somehow being led on into thinking (by whatever the hell I'm wearing on any given day this past F2013) that I'm enrolled in a fashion program.

It feels good being mistaken for a fashion student; I'm kind of priding myself on it.

Hey, it must mean I'm doing something right, right?!

Anyway enough with the jibber jabber, here's some sultry sequinned sweaters for the upcoming snowflake season (try and stop my alliterations, I dare you):

Sequinned Sweaters That Satisfy (c/o Etsy)


Now we know where Louis Vuitton got it from. Etsy
I feel like this just screams: "Pair me with Prada!" Etsy
There's something oddly appealing about looking like you OD'd on Skittles, 
and puked all over yourself.  Etsy
I think I'm obligated to dye my hair if I wear this. Etsy
Next level Houndstooth. Etsy
I know it doesn't feature sequins, but I still NEED THIS. Etsy

This has gotten me in the mood to do an "Ugly Christmas Sweater"post in the near future.

What's your verdict on sequins? Sparkly studs of awesome, or better left in the 80's?

-Shopaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment