Google+

October 2, 2013

A Recipe for the Best Damn Kale Chips You've Ever Had

So I'm sure you've all noticed I've been M.I.A. as of recent... Blame it on the school, blame it on the unreliable-internet-connection... blame it on the blog-ogogogogggerrrrr.

I try.

Things I'm currently excited about:

-Monopoly is back at McDonald's
-Nine Inch Nails concert this Friday
-Hosting my own Nine Inch Nails Private Pre-Post-Party (At home) (Still awesome)
-I made/tried Kale chips for the first time ever (and succeeded/thoroughly enjoyed 'em)
-My 3 year anniversary is in 2 weeks
-I'm starting my own mini succulent sanctuary

Things I'm not excited about:
-Jays games are over, so no more paycheck (or baseball, which I was really starting to enjoy)
-I am pretty much broke now
-Midterms
-My Venus Fly Trap Died (R.I.P. Chomper)
-TekSavvy still hasn't fixed my modem, so my internet turns on and off every two minutes
-Having to catch up with online coursework when my internet turns on and off every two minutes

Now for what you really came for...

Awesome Kale Chip Recipe

Ingredients:

  • A bunch (bushel?) of curly, luscious, gorgeously green Kale
  • Canola Oil or Olive Oil (Best used in spraying/misting form, like Pam)
  • Salt
  • Whatever the hell else you wanna flavour it with!

Here's what I did:

  1. Preheat your oven for 350F.
  2. Cut off the thick stems (they don't bake too well).
  3. Wash the leaves and dry them in a salad spinner (let them dry off sufficiently if you don't have one).
  4. Prepare a baking sheet with some tin foil.
  5. Rip the leaves into bite-sized pieces and lay them on the baking sheet, making sure they don't overlap.
  6. Spray a light (keyword: LIGHT) mist of oil over top of the leaves.
  7. Place the baking tray in your preheated oven for about 10 mins. (take them out when they're crisp, and not brown).
  8. Let them cool a touch, and sprinkle with salt or whatever seasonings you prefer.
  9. ENJOY!


Please don't burn them.

-Shopaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment